|Thursday, June 4th, 2009|
Activision is trying to kill the metal. Current Mood: Activision sucks.
|Saturday, May 23rd, 2009|
|Friday, March 20th, 2009|
I just saw a guy from EA Mythic get smacked down by Judge Judy.
|Sunday, March 8th, 2009|
|The Return of Clover Studio.
I'm all about independent game developers, especially when they are backed up by big name companies who are eager to pony up a little bit of capital to make something really work. So it should come to nobody's surprise that the closing of Clover Studio made me terribly sad. These are the guys who brought us the Viewtiful Joe
series, God Hand
, and arguably the greatest adventure game of the last generation - Okami
It should come to nobody's surprise that they found a way to get back on the scene, and it should be no surprise that I'm ecstatic about their return (as Platinum Games).
Platinum Games (and SEGA, of all companies) are getting ready to remind honest-to-God Wii gamers just why the hell they invested in the little white box to begin with. This reminder comes in the form of MadWorld
- a game that seems to do two things at the same time: it is a game that doesn't look like it could be made for any other system, yet it breaks heavily from many of the limitations and conventions of the Wii. Every video I've seen of this game has left me absolutely in awe, and I absolutely can't wait to play it.
Oh, and Bayonetta
looks awesome, too.
In other news, Prince of Persia Epilogue sucks, and you should not buy it.
|Friday, March 6th, 2009|
|Maybe I'm Too Open-Minded...
...but I really enjoyed the Watchmen
film. I had a few problems with it, though:
1. The movie's theme is much more black and white than the carefully-calculated ambiguity of the graphic novel.
2. I don't remember a single F-Bomb being dropped in the entirety of the comic, whereas the movie has more than its share of them.
3. The insane action makes the movie straddle the line between an unfaithful adaptation and something not many people would want to go see.
4. The sudden appearance of one character after about two-and-a-half hours is kind of jarring.
However, a few things ABSOLUTELY work.
1. Rorschach (more than anything).
2. The Comedian.
3. Many shots looked directly ripped straight out of the comic.
4. Snyder doesn't shoot the ENTIRE MOVIE using reckless speed-ramping.
5. Billy Crudup's Dr. Manhattan is pretty much exactly how I imagined him.
Maybe I'm not the stickler for tradition like Alan Moore is (after all, the credits say "co-created by Dave Gibbons"), but I tempered my expectations and left pretty happy.
|Tuesday, February 17th, 2009|
My New Year's Resolution: Buy as few games published by Activision as possible.
|Wednesday, February 4th, 2009|
I'm thinking of revisiting Panzer Dragoon Orta
|Tuesday, January 27th, 2009|
|Warning: Shameless Self-Promotion
New review went up today.http://www.gamevortex.com/gamevortex/soft_rev.php/4474/moon-ds.html
I think that puts me at 11, so far. I didn't edit it as thoroughly as I should have, but I totally blew through it in about an hour. I'd really like to step it up and take on more stuff, but school is being a pain in the ass, lately.
I like the Resident Evil 5
demo; it gave me just enough of a taste to keep me excited for the final game. It isn't quite as awesome as I expected it to be (I guess it just doesn't evolve the genre as much as its predecessor or Gears of War
did). Definitely still getting it, though - if you're on Live and plan on getting the game, let me know - I'm always up for some co-op.
|Sunday, January 25th, 2009|
You should play Persona 3
|Monday, January 19th, 2009|
|Wednesday, January 7th, 2009|
|Monday, December 29th, 2008|
|Incoherent Ramblings of a Jaded Nintendo Geek
I am ridiculously angry at Nintendo, and I would love to see them fail right about now. For me, the best case scenario would be that they go the way of Sega (reduced to a software developer). But we, as Americans, love a good gimmick - don't we? Consider me fooled for the first and last time. In my opinion, the Wii is Nintendo's worst home console, counting the N64 and excluding the handhelds. If Nintendo continues down this path, I (and many others, I hope) will not buy in. I'm seriously considering finishing up Zack & Wiki
and getting rid of it...maybe making a little something off of it.
To 90% of the consumers who shop at Oakwood:
1. Stop being ugly to people.
2. Stop buying Sonic Unleashed
3. Know the specs of your PC before buying something like Crysis
4. Be nice to me - I'm nice to you.
5. Stop buying Sonic Unleashed
6. Stop acting like victims when you very clearly are not.
7. Stop buying Wiis for 25 year-old husbands who like RPGs and action games.
8. Keep track of your children.
9. If you absolutely must
buy something developed by Sega, do not buy Sonic Unleashed
- buy Valkyria Chronicles
. If you do not own a PlayStation 3, do not buy anything developed by Sega in the past six years.
I'm ready to graduate and not ready to graduate at the same time. Monster, here I come!
|Friday, December 19th, 2008|
|Sunday, November 30th, 2008|
|Saturday, November 22nd, 2008|
GV has me reviewing CoD: World at War
, and I'm likely going to give it a really good review. It may lack innovation and maybe it isn't much different from Modern Warfare
, but I believe it is a much more important game. Also, Gary Oldman. Need I say more? Current Mood: busy
|Wednesday, November 12th, 2008|
|Monday, November 10th, 2008|
This weekend, I did NOTHING but play Gears of War 2
. Current Mood: lazy
|Tuesday, November 4th, 2008|
Storm's coming. Current Mood: depressed
I can't believe I actually used to like Family Guy
. I saw yet another interview with Seth MacFarlane, and I am even less impressed with the hack than I am now. He's just going to prove that ANYONE can be a cartoonist. What a piece of work.
|Monday, October 27th, 2008|
Ever since I got LittleBigPlanet
, I am constantly reminded why PlayStation Network is free.